Students will decide today on what five pieces they will create. Two of them will be from the “wordier” category, and the other 3 can be from the “not so wordy” category. Total word count is expected to be between 1,000 and 2,000 words.
Think like Bradbury; consider a narrative approach. Choose a character, family, or group around whom your documents will revolve. What do they do for a living? What motivates them? How do the documents reflect the issue in society?
As you consider different genres, look up examples of the genre, then fill out a Genre Conventions Organizer for each example. As you examine the example, consider the following:
- What are the visual elements?
- Who is the intended audience?
- What is the tone?
- What material, colors, etc are typical for the genre?
- How is the text formatted?
- Other observations regarding distinctive style and format